Social and labor obligations arise as a result of the working relationship established between the company and the workers who serve in it, and the existence of specific legislation on labor matters.
In particular, the following formalities must be fullfilled:
- Enlist new employees on the Social Security.
- Respect the workers’ rights.
- Formalize employment contracts when required by a legal provision and, in any case, practice and training, part-time contracts, fixed-discontinuous and relay time contracts, homeworking contracts, contracts for the realization of particular works, integration contracts, as well as those hired in Spain to work for Spanish companies abroad workers. Also, specific time contracts which duration is higher than four weeks must be put on paper.
- Provide the legal representation of workers a basic copy of all contracts to be concluded in writing, except for special employment contracts for senior management.
- Report workers on paper about the essential elements of the employment contract and the main conditions for implementing the work performed.
- Report on paper of any amendment to the contract the worker affected.
- Communication to the Public Employment Services.
- Preparation and submission of monthly payroll and social security.